Shootout for Soldiers Long Island
LONG ISLAND TEAM REGISTRATION HAS ENDED. Players may still register under their team.
What is Shootout for Soldiers?
Shootout for Soldiers is a 24 hour lacrosse event with a mission to use lacrosse as a platform to support American veterans and foster community engagement. The games are fun - and are meant to bring the community together in support of our nation's heroes. There is no championship or all-star team and the score runs for all 24 hours. There is good food, music and a festival of activities beyond lacrosse that make it a family friendly event for all. Last year SFS Long Island raised over $133k dollars through the support of over 700 players and 3,200 spectators in the Long Island area.
How does registration work?
The event is comprised of 24, 1-hour games in a row and is open to men's and women's teams of all ages. Each team that registers gets to play in one 1-hour slot as part of either Stars or Stripes, and we will match you with an opposing team of the same age. If you wish to fill both the Stars and Stripes of a given hour, you can register for a "Dual Slot" - which is a minimum $1,500 fundraising goal ($750 for Stars + $750 for Stripes). This is typically used for father-son games, mother-daughter or alumni hours.
To register, a Team Captain clicks "Create Team" and fills out the event for their team. Every team must fundraise a minimum of $750 to play, and the Team Captain makes an initial $100 donation when they create a team. Once the team page is created, players can then click "Join a Team" and type in the name of their team to join. Every player must make an initial $25 donation which sets up their own individual fundraising page.
Last year, over 80% of teams raised over $750 and 20% raised over $2,500! Time slot preference is given to teams that complete their fundraising the earliest as well as the top fundraising teams. The minimum fundraising amount must be reached a month before the event date.
- Team Captains (New Team Registration)
- Create a Team
- Set your fundraising page up
- Click "Join a Team"
- Complete your player registration
- Select your team
- Start fundraising!
- June 20th - Team fundraising minimum must be reached
- June 27th - Schedule released
- July 20th, 8am - Opening Ceremonies
- July 21st, 9am - Closing Ceremonies
Examples of Dual Slot Registration
- Father-son game (Boston)
- Father-daughter (Ohio)
- Mother-daughter (Ohio)
- Stick swap: Boys plays with girls sticks and girls play with guy sticks (Colorado)
- Alumni Games (Baltimore, California)
- Is there a Veterans Game?
- Yes! At the start of every event there is a Veterans and Active Duty game that is entirely free to participate in.
- I'm an individual without a team, how can I play?
- Find a team! Contact a team in an age group and see if they have space to join, especially common in post-college teams.
- Create your own! Last year two high schoolers in Boston wanted to play in Colorado, so they took to social media and found other players their age that wanted to join. Don't hesitate to be a team leader